Thursday, June 14, 2018

Danheim - Herja (2018)



I really dislike the medieval-village-market-stylized folk music. The crappy music you can find basically everywhere. A lively yet emotionless, and filled with girly vocals music which long haired teenagers make love to.

On the contrary, the mixture of cold dark ambient and authentic, scandinavian folk sounds has always been my weak point. For a long time I've been looking for something similiar to Wardruna at least in some way. Just to clarify - Wardruna are my personal absolute "top one" music project. 


And damn. Danheim came pretty close with the newest album. 
Herja hits you with a massive flood of atmospheric, dark, mystic and loaded with hostility viking war songs.
The most crucial part about this piece of music is the genuine perception of experiencing the evil and the wild. While listening I felt how my blood turns black in my veins and my eyes go fierce.


I highly recommend getting to know this album if you like the heathen violent energy flowing through yourself.



 A pagan ode, a human sacrifice, a battle hymn. This is what Herja is.


Tracklist:
1. Atgeir
2. Berserkir
3. Feigr
4. Fimbulvetr
5. Fjolsin
6. Forn Elding
7. Framganga
8. Gungnir
9. Hrungnir
10. Skjoldborg
11. Surt
12. Ulfhednar
13. Volfothr

No comments:

Post a Comment