Thursday, June 28, 2018

Decades - Decades (2013)



Since I adore all of the possible shades of somber and sadness I find anywhere and especially in music, Decades have hit me right away. 
Their self-titled album is a perfect ratio of dreamy vocals, cold guitar riffs, melancholic affection and tearing-apart voices of deep emotion. 
You can be sure that if there is any heartbreak wound in yourself, this music will get there. And it will soothe your sorrow, at least for a moment.

My other impression is that if My Bloody Valentine and Slowdive were to have a coldwave descendant (or a close relative) in the 21st century, I would give this title to Decades. Too bad those guys released only one album and do not appear to show any activity thereafter.

While researching the info for this post, I bumped into synthpop Decades. They certainly got me inrigued.

Tracklist:
1. Tonight Again
2. Any Wonder
3. Celebrate
4. Old & Aging
5. Only After 
6. In Sequins
7. Move Me 
8. Can You Love Me Now 
9. For From Me 
10. Washed

No comments:

Post a Comment